Research and Monitoring Specialist Ukraine with educational knowledge
Research and Monitoring Specialist Ukraine with educational knowledgeWould you like to directly influence children’s skills and development in Ukraine? And do you have the network and knowledge of children’s development and the local academic sector to establish the LEGO Foundation as a credible source of information?
Are you ready to contribute to make a vision come to life?The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners
Help build our local team
Ukraine has been part of the focus of the LEGO Foundation since 2010 but given the recent growth of the activities in the country due to the school reform where The LEGO Foundation plays one of the key roles it was decided to expand the team in Ukraine to better support our initiatives and projects and maximize our long-term impact in the country.
Make us a credible voice in UkraineThis newly established position is very important to our local programme, as we need to build on our understanding of the local educational sector’s take on play and learning through play. To do so, your job is to map and engage with the local academic influencers and grow the number local credible voices who believe in the importance of learning through play. Thus, you build a network of specialists, to prove that play has a critical role in children’s learning and development.
This position is a new key resource for the Ukraine Initiative. It is critical that we can demonstrate and communicate positive impact of learning through play on children and track changes in teachers’ behaviour towards Learning through play. For this we are in the process of establishing a research committee and finding MEL partner
• Gathering relevant research for the Ukraine context from academic partners and eventually help coordinate development of new research with academic partners
• Supporting partners in conducting applied research studies on the impact of learning through play
• Engage with the local academic stakeholders across various universities and build a network of specialists to support our work
• Maintain the momentum in Ukraine by contributing to a long-term partnership with the Ministry of Education focusing on the implementation of the education reform: “The New Ukrainian School”.
• Providing input to advocacy initiative aim, objectives, plans and target audiences
• Managing relevant partner relationships in relation to advocacy or research activities
To support the ongoing development and support training and content development for the Ukrainian context, in cooperation with Education and Training Specialist and the Master trainers’ team
Experience with research and children’s developmentIt is your job to ensure that we are focusing on the right things, when it comes to advocating learning through play and how it affects children’s development in a local context. To do so, you need to be a good listener, who is persistent and attentive to outcomes. But most importantly, you are a passionate believer in play and its benefit for children’s development and learning. Also, you:
• Have a Background in education, pedagogy, psychology, social sciences, early childhood development or teaching and training in qualitative or mixed-methods of research approaches
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English, written and spoken
• Are familiar with finding and communicating research examples and studies, facilitating advisory committees and tackling complex results frameworks and research questions
• Knowledge of the early childhood development and/or education sector in Ukraine including key players and policies
Make a dream come trueIf you would like to join our team in Ukraine to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter.
• This position was posted beginning of July
• We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
To apply, enter your application in http://recruitmentsystem.onerecruit.com/6158574D619