ABOUT LEGO® HOUSE
Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen is the third-generation family owner behind the LEGO® Group and ever since his childhood, he has been dedicated to the LEGO brick and the idea behind it. Today, he is the main shareholder of the LEGO Group, and says on the motivation behind LEGO House:
APR 30, 2015
HOW TO BUILD A SCALE MODEL OF LEGO® HOUSE?
See how our designers built the 1:100 scale model of LEGO® House. The model will be touring to six fan events in 2015.
The architectural main purpose is to organize the building functions into 21 white bricks, enclosing the indoor space, stacked on top of each other and completed by the fantastic Keystone Gallery, which is inspired by the classic eight-knob LEGO® brick.
FACTS ABOUT LEGO® HOUSE
• The LEGO® House consists of 8,500 sq m above ground and 3,400 sq m of basement.
• The LEGO House will be 23 m tall.
• There will be unlimited access over and across the LEGO House using stairs and terraces.
• The LEGO House will feature an area with free-of-charge access. This area constitutes almost a quarter of the above-ground part of the LEGO House, and will offer a café and a special LEGO shop.
• The largest part of the LEGO House will be reserved for paying visitors, consisting of four specially designed play zones from different, but interconnected play worlds. The play zone exhibits and activities will offer guests completely unique LEGO experiences, inviting them to use their minds as well as their hands. Visitors will also be presented with the family company and the development of the LEGO products, the LEGO brand and the LEGO Group.