Distribution Manager, Hong Kong and Taiwan - APAC Distribution
Are you dynamic, proactive, innovative and a self-driven leader?Join the LEGO® Group’s Supply Chain Operations team in Asia Pacific.The APAC Supply Chain Operations (SCO) is a critical function enabling sales, deliver best service (in-stock), cash (inventory), and cost (logistics spend) for the different business units in the region (ANZ, JPN, KR, HKTW, SGMY, & Emerging Asia markets). APAC SCO has responsibility for the E2E management of the supply chain operations from demand planning, demand management, supply and inventory planning, Distribution, Customer Logistics, and Supply Chain development.
A key role in our APAC Distribution area - Hong Kong and Taiwan• Drive operations excellence ensuring Distribution performance measures are on-track
• Provide governance towards our appointed 3PLs, ensuring performance vs. service level agreement and follows LEGO standards.
• Partner with the Procurement team to ensure supplier service meets business requirements and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Collaborate closely with other functions in SCO (e.g. Customer Logistics, Supply & Inventory Planning, Supply Chain development) including Finance to meet service, cost, and cash (inventory) objectives for the region.
• Manage business stakeholders in the assigned business unit ensuring that, Distribution fulfills business requirements and that, day to day operations enable sales and service to customers.
• Play a key user role for Distribution to perform system testing (e.g. SAP) on assigned projects/ initiatives, provide inputs on business process solution to our IT
A Global team in a dynamically growing company & organizationOur APAC Distribution currently operates 10 local Distribution Center’s in Japan, Korea, Korea(Shop at Home),Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and a regional DC in Shanghai. The team has the operational responsibility both in terms of the operational performance as well as building additional capacity to facilitate the growth. The key challenge is to build and maintain a coherent and standardized Distribution network that is scalable to follow the growth ambitions as well as taking the operational efficiencies in the Distribution operations to the next level through Global benchmarking of best practice.
Do you have what it takes?• BSC degree as minimum, preferably with Engineering or Operations and Supply Chain Management background
• 5-10 years’ experience within Logistics and Distribution in APAC, at least 2-3 years experience in manager role and managing 3PLs
• Certification in LEAN thinking or Six Sigma methodology and Project management would be an added advantage
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• As this role focusses on the Taiwan and Hong Kong market, candidates possessing the ability to speak Mandarin and Cantonese will be well regarded.
• Preferably with specialist experience within SAP Distribution (SD) and knowledge of key EDI interface/s within warehousing or transportation systems
Join the global family of the LEGO Group
If you are confident that you have what it takes to succeed in this role - and you share our commitment to creativity, inspirational leadership and innovation- use the APPLY NOW button above or below.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"I’ve learned more at the LEGO Group than I could ever have imagined. If you show commitment to achieve, you’ll go far. I’ve been promoted twice in my five years here: It’s a real boost knowing that you get recognized when you perform well. I enjoy the freedom I’m given to take ownership of projects." Nancy Sanchez - General Manager, Americas Manufacturing