Applied Machine Learning Engineer
Are you passionate about engineering data intensive applications and do you enjoy utilizing data, algorithms and code together to build awesome cloud-based services?
Then you should join our team!
Core responsibilitiesIn this role, you get the opportunity to work with large scale projects and directly see how our team's efforts, craft products and services that are put into play in real life and produce a lot of business impact.
More specifically, you will:
• Develop and deliver solutions based on cloud technologies and partner requirements, e.g. Image recognition and NLP solutions.
• Build production ready solutions that combines data capture, ML algorithms and data serving.
• Design, implement, monitor and support scalable machine learning and data solutions in AWS.
• Share knowledge with the other data developers in LEGO so we continuously learn from each other and develop our skills set.
• Ensure that functionality and design meet best practice and LEGO Business requirements.
• Help operate and support current running solutions together with the rest of the team.
• Automate algorithms and processes developed by advanced analytics and business teams.
As an Applied ML Engineer, you will work within a multi-functional team that uses a combination of code and cloud services to build ML products, with full-stack responsibility of solutions. The team collaborates closely with our data management and advanced analytics teams to fulfil the high priority goal of making the LEGO group more data driven in the future.
Play your part in our team succeedingThe global Data Engineering team consists of 20+ passionate and dedicated internal and external people spread out globally, with this role sitting in the Data Products and Analytics team in our LEGO head office in Billund. Together, we build awesome solutions for all areas in the LEGO Group.
Do you have what it takes?You could be an already experienced Software Engineer or Developer, or you could be a recent graduate with a University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Technology or similar.
You love working with the combination of code and data modelling to produce high quality solutions. We are currently working with technologies like S3, HDFS, python, Spark, Gitlab, AWS Lambdas, Docker and Tensorflow, but we are constantly looking for new possibilities for improving our stack. As such, we expect that you have a natural curiosity to stay tuned on new technologies and share insights with your colleagues when you see an improvement opportunity.
Depending on whether you have a few years of experience or you are a recent graduate, we envision you have:
• experience working with Big Data or distributed computing or a strong passion to be working within this field.
• experience building and supporting full scale applied Machine Learning products.
• good experience with general software development in Python, Scala or Java.
• strong knowledge around software design and high-quality coding principles.
• experience with cloud services, preferable AWS products.
As a person, you should have:
• a dream to learn new skills and technologies.
• a focus on keeping deadlines and dedicatedly delivering high quality results.
• superb communication skills.
• a desire to work in a team while still taking responsibility and ownership of your independent tasks.
Bringing it to Life
"Big data and utilisation of machine learning is a relatively new field with huge potential within the LEGO Group. This is a unique chance for you to bring data to life and make it an essential part of how we work across the organisation. And doing so, you will get plenty of opportunity to form your own position" says Christian Laasby Ladefoged.
This is an excellent possibility to build your career as a key part of our Data Engineering team. Our work is a high priority agenda for LEGO, and you will thus be part of helping the business utilize data as an imperative strategic asset for 2019 and beyond.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Head of Data Products and Analytics, Christian Laasby Ladefoged on tel. +45 40 81 68 26.
Join the global LEGO family
This position was posted 21-03-2019 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.