Software Architect for Digital Play Technologies
We enable digital play by developing platform-based solutions for our products and internal development. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of skilled developers, where you will be part of daily development and a key player in how we develop software for the long run.
Shape our digital play experiencesYour role will be to communicate, design and develop customer driven software solutions. We are looking for a motivated software architect with great software skills who takes pride in:
• First class software architecture and design principles
• Building scalable and flexible code
• Balancing business goals against technical perfection
• Supporting high team spirit
• Ensuring world-class quality
Help Create the Future of digital LEGO Play and Creativity
Delivering digital experiences in the LEGO Group is rewarding and challenging. To do this, you will need to understand our consumers and be able to excite them in a highly competitive market. Successful products will help children activate the LEGO Group’s core values through play – and inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.
You are a digital expert with technical insight and driveThis role requires theoretical insight. You are a software architect as much as a developer. You are a software craftsman by heart and you like to communicate its glories, depths, and best practices. You draw diagrams on whiteboards and pitch ideas on napkins. You stay motivated by the latest technologies and you know how to balance your wild ideas with the proven technical solutions at hand and with a business mindset to weigh it all in pragmatic ways.
Why you should join usYou possess the right balance of a proven record of high professional knowhow and great human skills. We would love to hear from you if you can see yourself in the essence of the statements listed below:
• An innovative mind with several years of professional experience
• A strong grasp of writing decoupled and solid (perhaps even S.O.L.I.D.) software
• Strong experience in C++ and cross platform development
• Experience in developing applications for Win, OSX, iOS and Android
• Understands market driving frameworks like .NET and languages such as C#, Java and Objective-C
• Somewhat familiar with real time rendering and 3D game development
• Custom to agile development and CI/CD
• Can translate customer requirements into software design choices fit for platform scalability
• Strong communication and collaboration skills (fluent in English)
• Natural born authority wrapped in a likeable personality
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or similar applicable)
Engagement is key
“My team constantly pushes for engagement in all they do. Engagement in our software products, in the way of communicating great solutions and in the fine lines of how to innovate on proven technology. We challenge what are relevant play experiences to kids who are digital natives. Technology in itself is actually not that relevant, kids are looking for the engagement supported by the technology", says Tue.
Join the global LEGO® FamilyIn the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the entire LEGO Organization. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach your application and a current CV as well as references of previous work either as a list of websites/online, marketing campaigns/products.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Senior Manager Tue Jacobsen on email@example.com
This position was posted on 02-02-2018 and may be online up to ten weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.