Market Planning and Effectiveness Manager, Japan
Japan, Minato-ku, J-Tokyo
Do you excel at taking big data and translating it to consumable, intelligent and effective business direction?Are you passionate about analysing and converting first class consumer and shopper insights into compelling, creative and innovative business actions and communication programs?
This role will act as a consultant for the business, working closely with the Marketing team to proactively generate valuable insights and conclusions from available data, and provide tangible recommendations to enable quick and efficient decision making.
This role requires a high level of participation cross all functions and an expert knowledge of the commercial and competitor landscape.
The role includes the following areas:1. Consumer & Shopper Analysis - Produce scenario-based analysis to aid brand and demand planning process. Strong focus on guiding an understanding on critical market situations to influence in short to long term decision making. Identify, scope & execute improvements to processes in Commercial Performance & Insights. Actively participate in cross functional theme and market Deep Dive investigations, providing thorough market, consumer and competitor review and recommendations
2. Marketing Effectiveness & Strategy - Manage the development of optimization of marketing plans according to objective, including using marketing effectiveness dashboard to provide direction to Brand and Trade teams as to annual consumer communication mix by brand. Contribute & analyse the yearly Market Factor Analysis (MFA) for Japan. Monitor and inform on brand health.
3. Financial planning & Budget management - Manage existing year budget, including identifying over/underspend to maximize spending efficiency, and strategically reallocate across year to drive commercial momentum. Manage pricing across full portfolio
4. Competitor Monitoring & Analysis - Monitor and identify the changing nature of Japan consumers, economy and demographics. Effectively drive awareness and potential impact of these through regular contribution to BU, brand and sales strategies
5. Marketing planning process management - Set and manage the timeline for local planning to meet global and regional planning process
Challenges and OpportunitiesThis is an opportunity to join a diverse, exciting workplace and a make positive contribution to the growth of LEGO Japan. This role acts as a strategic driver and facilitator of key processes across the marketing team and BU. This incorporates measuring and providing business relevant insights encompassing the market, competitors and consumers, ultimately enabling fact-based action orientated decision making.
Do you have what it takes?• Strong commercial and analytical capabilities to understand business strategies, tactics and implement measurable plans
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in market intelligence or similar role
• Ability to crystallize many different data sets into business relevant insights and concrete actions
• Understanding of marketing framework such as purchase funnel
• Project management capabilities
• Personable, presentable and articulate, willingness to provide both support and challenge throughout the business
• Be energetic and passionate about their specialty
• Required travel both domestically and internationally, sometimes weekends
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
"This is a unique opportunity to join one of the world's biggest and most exciting playgrounds, with world class competence and colleagues who all strive to deliver fantastic play experiences for children. Experiences that will impact and influence the kids of today and in the future.