Senior Manager, Market Expansion
United Kingdom, London
Market and Consumer Research
Are you passioned about shaping the commercial strategy with focus on market entry plans for emerging markets?Bring your strategic skillset and project management experience of developing commercial business plans and growth strategies to help shape route to market entry plans for emerging markets, working with senior stakeholders across geographies.
Core Responsibilities• Work with key stakeholders across market groups, global insights, market finance and multiple corporate functions in order to coordinate, shape and collect inputs from a wide range of internal and external sources
• Set out clear structures and frameworks in order to build and test hypotheses to lead and direct project team members
• Create overall recommendations on route to market strategy for new market entries
• Conduct and direct analysis to develop business case submissions for new market entry projects
• Create polished and well structured presentations and materials which enable decision makers to quickly digest and engage with subjects that are often complex in nature
• Create detailed project timeline and implementation plans to support smooth transition into execution
• Look for opportunities to optimize processes and/or document examples of best practice to ensure repeatability and longer term capability building in market expansion
Play your part in our global success.Market and Commercial Development (“MCD”) was established in 2015 as a global team working across Market Groups, LEGO Retail & PMD to optimise commercial momentum, support Group-wide commercial strategies and drive commercial insights and capability building in how we activate our brand and go to market.
As of 2018 a geographic market expansion function was created within MCD to govern our market portfolio in order to:
• Ensure the strategic prioritization of new markets
• Lead Route to Market strategy and business case preparation for new market entries, alongside market groups
• Support transition of market entry business case & plans into implementation led by PMO team
• Build long term market entry capabilities - for example through creating strong repeatable processes, transferable know-how and documentation of best practice, and collating market insights to “seed” future priority markets
Do you have what it takes?• B.SC or BA Hons, 2.1 class minimum (or equivalent)
• Minimum 5 years strategy experience working at a top tier consulting firm, in-house strategy team, start-up, private equity or similar
• Minimum 5 years experience in developing market entry/ growth strategy/ commercial business plans and/or sales and marketing strategies for global businesses in a B2C context
• Experience developing robust project plans and leading project workstreams
• Experience working and collaborating with international teams and colleagues
• Experience with C-suite level stakeholder management and communication
• Excellent analytical and written presentation skills.
• Highly competent in Excel and Powerpoint
• International Travel Flexibility (approximately 60-75 days per year)
• Previous experience working in an emerging markets environment
• Thrives in a smaller team setting
• English C1
Join the global LEGO familyThe LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
BRINGING IT TO LIFE
This is an opportunity to shape commercial strategy at a globally recognized brand, with the chance to drive high business impact and gain exposure to senior level decision makers
The role offers the chance to be part of a new and evolving functional area, with high autonomy and a clear link to the strategic intent of The LEGO Group.
Billund, Denmark; London, United Kingdom