SENIOR ANDROID DEVELOPER
First impressions are everything. Today, most kids first encounter the LEGO® universe through a digital experience.Join us to use the latest Android technologies to make first impressions into lasting LEGO memories for millions of kids around the world.
Develop digital experiences in an agile settingAt our headquarters in Billund, you will join the App Integration team where you will work alongside Android and iOS developers. As part of the Digital Agile Development department in our in-house marketing agency, we define and develop native mobile app experiences, using the latest language features and frameworks. The digital products we produce are often very uniqe to the market which makes the daily workday really exiting. As we work in an agile setting, you will collaborate closely with our internal customers, back-end development teams and the UX/UI department. Specifically, you will:
• Work as part of a Scrum team on own tasks and as part of a larger deliverable
• Drive the technical implementation of developed solutions
• Operate and maintain your applications once they are released
• Analyse customer requirements to determine feasibility and design within time and cost constraints
• Communicate technical issues to the stakeholders in your team including product owners, developers and testers
Creativity and close collaborationYou will join a team of dedicated developers who love what we do. As digital trendsetters, we get to be at the forefront of our field and play with the latest technologies to create fun digital experiences for kids to share in a caring digital community. We enjoy sharing our ideas in workshops, collaborating to create catchy content and animations that encourage creativity and play for kids around the world.
Android developer with an eye for usability and visual appealWe are looking for a creative and collaborative colleague with a broad technical foundation and an eye for usability and visual appeal. You know good software design and development practices, and you can translate requirements from the business into concrete solutions that appeal to kids. And just like the rest of us, you are excited to help set the direction for our field and share suggestions with team members and colleagues across the organisation. We are looking for an experienced Android developer who knows the in and out of Android development. You could therefore bring the following:
• A degree in software engineering or computer science or solid experience from a similar position
• 3+ years of experience with Android app development, including Java programming language and the latest Android Studio and Android OS versions
• Experience with Kotlin programming language is a plus
• Experience with unit testing and TDD as well as Object Oriented Programming and design patterns such as MVC and MVVM
• Expertise in integration with external services like Web APIs, CMSs, REST, 3rd Party SDK´s
• Fluent written and spoken English
Bringing it to life”As part of our team, you get to go to work each morning knowing that the apps you help make will reach millions of children worldwide and inspire the builders of tomorrow,” says Senior Manager Sune Broström.
Join the global LEGO® family
In the LEGO Group, we succeed together, and you will be part of a global family, where you can use your creativity and enjoy a fun working environment. We look forward to receiving your application. Please remember to attach your cover letter and a current CV in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please call Sune Broström on +45 2482 6933.
This position was posted 16-08-2018 and may be online up to 10 weeks following this date. We do not have application deadlines on any of our positions. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.